Introduction to Young Leaders
ULI Young Leaders is a wonderful opportunity for young professionals to gather industry knowledge and develop their leadership skills. It’s a great place to form a network of peers who are shaping the future of real estate in the greater San Diego region. The Young Leaders is not about the classroom and theories. It’s about learning from people who have succeeded in the industry – real people sharing ideas in a practical real time environment. The relationships and friendships that are created in Young Leaders will ultimately carry this generation into the leadership roles of tomorrow.
With more than 350 members under the age of 35, our Young Leaders group offers several events each year including networking socials and roundtable forums where small groups are teamed with a real estate industry leader.
Programs Exclusive to Young Leaders
- Project Showcases: an opportunity to learn from a Young Leader who is currently involved with or has recently completed a real estate project. The Young Leader hosts a networking event at the project and also speaks about the project specifics, challenges and rewards.
- Roundtable Forums: an opportunity to learn from accomplished ULI members who are leaders in real estate and land use policy. This program partners the Young Leaders with veterans in the industry to discuss current issues and policy, analyze successful projects and design, and to ultimately challenge Young Leaders to “think outside the box.” Young Leaders will also learn from the best-of-the-best on how to be a successful leader. It is a unique chance to learn from some of the busiest and most successful people in an intimate setting.
- Networking Socials: Several social events throughout the year will provide Young Leaders the chance to connect with other new professionals in the industry. These events are also open to non-members to encourage them to join ULI and realize the benefits of membership in ULI and Young Leaders.
Other Young Leader Benefits
- Learning experiences offered at the second Tuesday breakfast programs held monthly by ULI San Diego/Tijuana.
- Access to respected ULI publications on real estate development and land use policy.
- Subscription to ULI’s national magazine Urban Land which focuses on the latest land use trends worldwide.
- Opportunity to serve on ULI District Council committees and get involved in the community.
For more information on membership, sponsorship or general information please send an email to ULI Young Leaders Group – San Diego.